Applies to: DN41CK, DN81BG, DN81BL, DT61BB
By default, the Setup Wizard interface pops us once the device has loaded.
This article will introduce the recommended settings when configuring the Setup Wizard for the first time.
- Choose system language. This is the first operative screen you will see after powering on the DVR for the first time.
- Activate the DVR. The DVR requires doesn't have a default password and will require the user to create one to complete the activation.
User Name: is admin and inevitable.
Password: should be at least 8 digits better to include letters and numbers.
Confirm Password: Input the above password once again.
Camera Activation Password: Leave this checked as default.
Email to Reset Password: Input your Email address so you can retrieve the password in case you forget it.
- Input basic information. Set the basic information (time zone, date, etc.) for your DVR.
- Set up the network. Please check on 'DHCP' and 'Obtain DNS Automatically'.
- Set up phone access. Please check on 'Enable', then input in the box 'Verification Code' to create one.
- Add IP cameras (optional). As most users won't add IP cameras at the very begin, let's skip this page and click 'Next'.
- Check out storage. If your DVR has a pre-installed hard drive, the hard drive information will be shown on this page. Click 'Next' to continue.
- Set up Unlock Pattern (optional). If you need one, please click and hold the mouse on one circle, drag it to other circles to create your own unlock pattern twice.
Note: This setting can be skip by right-clicking the mouse.
- After the setup wizard finished, you will see the live screen of the DVR.