How to set email alerts?
It is advisable to use Gmail instead of Yahoo or Hotmail.
- Click [Main Menu]-[Info]-[Version]-[Nat status] to check if the device’s network is properly connected. Only when the Nat status shows “connected”, it means the system has connected to the router and the Internet successfully.
- If the device is offline, please click [Guide]-[Next]-[Next]-[Retry] to check the network status of the device. If the status information is in red and it shows “Test Gateway.....ERR”, please check whether the network cable is connected.
- Normal display of the network portlight indicates that the connection is normal;
- If the network cable has already been connected, please make sure if you tick “DHCP” in the network settings, otherwise “Test DNS...ERR” will appear.
- Click [Main Meau]-[System]-[Network] and tick [DHCP Enable].
- If the DNS is empty, you need to manually enter the current Primary DNS of the router as the current DNS address and then return to [Nat status] to check the current connection status.
- Click [Main Menu]-[Alarm]-[Motion Detect] to enter the motion detection setting interface.
- Please tick "Enable". Click “Set” to set the alarm region. By default, the selected region in red is the alarm area, and the region in gray is the non-alarm area.
- Click "Send Email", then click "Ok". Please login to your Gmail account, open the following link and select “Turn on”. https://myaccount.google.com/security...
- Return to [Main Menu] and click [System]-[NetService]. Tick “Enable” and “Need SSL”."Port" is 465 or 587; SMTP server is smtp.gmail.com. "Username" is your Gmail account, "Password" is your Gmail account password, "Sender" is your Gmail account, and "Receiver" can be any email account you want to send to. Click “Mail Testing”, and the status will show “Test success”.
- Trigger the motion detection alarm function. You will receive motion detection alarm information in your Email box.
Please sign in to leave a comment.