Applies to: N48PAU
Usually, the POE NVR system we sell includes several POE IP cameras so that camera can be plugged into NVR‘s ethernet port directly. But some customers may need to connect non-POE IP camera to NVR.
The camera should meet three requirements below.
1. The IP camera has to support the onvif protocol.
2. The IP camera‘s resolution had better equal to or lower than resolution NVR. For example, if the NVR is 720P but the IP camera is 1080P, NVR is not able to display a video of this IP camera.
3. The camera should be connected to the router, by cable, or by wifi. Therefore, a wireless camera is also OK.
Here are the steps.
1. Please use a network cable to connect the IP camera to a router, or please connect the camera to the wifi network of the router, and then connect the camera to a power source by adapter.
2. Connect NVR to the same router by network cable.
3. Go to the Main menu-->Mode Switch-->Digital channels to tick enable and click Add.
4. It will detect the camera‘s IP. Double click IP to add it. The protocol should be ONVIF, and the password should be the admin password of the IP camera.
Come back to the main screen and the image of the IP camera appears.