No setting interface includes:
1. The screen is totally black;
2. No signal is displayed.
Please make sure your device is powered on properly. The indicator light on the front panel will stay blue. If not, please try using another DVR power supply.
Please ensure you can hear the “Beep” sound when the device is turned on.
Connect the monitor to the DVR via the VGA cable and HDMI cable respectively, or try replacing the VGA cable or HDMI cable.
Make sure your video is tuned to the correct mode.
1.Get the CMS installation package from the CD-ROM.
2.Open CMS to install.
3. Open the installed PC client software CMS.
4. The default username is “Super”. The password is null and just keep the password box blank.. Click “Login” to enter the interface.
5. After entering the interface, click [system]-[Device Manager]-[Zone List]-[ADD AREA], enter the name of the area, click [ADD DEVICE]-[IP Search] to search for and add the device. Before this step, please check if the network is properly connected and if the PC and the DVR is in the same gateway. Then, enter the password which you set on DVR system. If the password is not set before, the default is null and just keep the password box blank. Click “OK” to enter the next step.
6. After the device is successfully added, you can enter the interface for live preview.
Click [Remote Config]
Double click [10.0.0.10]
Click the settings icon
Click [GUI Display]
Change the DVR’s resolution via CMS software. Please try all the resolution types one by one. Click [Main Menu]-[System]-[Network] to enter the network settings interface. Make sure your device is connected to the network and has ticked [DHCP Enable]. From this interface, you can get the IP Address.
Open the IE browser and input the obtained IP Address.
Enter the DVR’s username and password, and click Login.
Take the first channel as an example here. Please click it to get the video screen.
Click the Settings icon.
Click [GUI Display].
Change the DVR resolution via the web page; please try all the resolution types one by one.