We suggest you use Gmail, not yahoo or Hotmail.
1. Connect the NVR to the router by ethernet cable.
Attention: there are 4 ethernet ports at the back of NVR which includes 3 LAN ports and 1 WAN port. Please use the WAN port to connect the router, not the LAN port.
2. Check P2P status and make sure it is online.
3. Go to Video detection setup. Enable it and tick the Email Notice option.
4. Log in Google account, go to 'Security', then turn on '2-Step Verification'. Click on 'App Password' to create your App Password (16 digits).
7. Please set up the email in the NVR setting like the picture below. If the email tests "succeeds", it is working.
SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587 / 465.
Username: your Gmail account
Password: App password (16 digits) from Google
Encryption Type: SSL
Sender: your Gmail account
Sendee: the receiver can be any email