1. The IP camera should support onvif protocol.
2. The DVR should support connecting an IP camera.
3. The resolution of the IP camera should be equal or lower than the resolution of DVR's IP mode resolution.
You can refer to these steps below.
1. Please connect DVR and IP camera into the same router with ethernet cable respectively so that they are in the same network area. （If it is a wifi IP camera, it is OK that camera connects to the router by wifi, not by ethernet cable）
2. Please connect DVR to monitor or TV.
3. Please change DVR to IP mode or IP&analog mode. The system will restart after you change mode.You can refer to these two pictures below.
4. Please refer to this picture below to click plus icon in the middle.
5. Please refer to this picture below to click Search, select the camera, click Add, input password of the IP camera and click Apply.
6. Please check the connection status. Click Exit. The live video appears.
If you find status is connected but there is still no image, please change the video standard or restart DVR to have a try.