the NVR should meet two requirements as below.
1. The NVR must support onvif protocol.
2. The IP camera's resolution had better equal to or lower than NVR's resolution. For example, if the NVR is 960P but the IP camea is 1080P resolution, NVR?is not be able to display video of this IP camera.
3. The NVR should be connected to a router by cable.
The NVR's interface may be different and we will take one as example.
Here are steps.
1. Acess camera on computer to enable onvif proocol.
Here is instrution.
2. Connect NVR to the same router by network cable.
3. Go to main menu---system---digital---digital channels to tick enable and click Add.
4. It will detect camera's IP automatic. Double click IP to add it.
Come back to main screen and the images of IP camera appears.